AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Mandatory" EID tags. Why the hullabaloo?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ray54
Posted 5/9/2024 22:53 (#10735156 - in reply to #10734994)
Subject: RE: "Mandatory" EID tags. Why the hullabaloo?

My eyes were opened during the mad cow outbreak in 03. A smaller company fed cattle killed in a small plant exported ever pound to Japan. With all the worry of mad cow the Japanese wanted this beef tested. They decided testing was cost effective for their operation. The big packers with NCBA help talked the USDA into not letting this company test their product and sell in the special market they had built over the for years.

A local promoter of the NCBA loved to tell how good for we small producers the NCBA. The killing of a company that was filling an export market the big boy had not wanted was such a good thing. As big a load of BS as you can get. So I believe nothing the NCBA says at this point. They are only the big boys voice at this time.

You put all the tags you want in your cattle. I put a hot iron on mine. When it gets real low down and dirty, you peel the hide and you can still tell reworked brands just like the wild west. It takes how long to cut a tag off and put another one on.

If the USDA wants EID tag OK, but I sure as hell want the ink in the ear with a tattoo also. I have some old cows with the metal bangs tags and lot of young cows the tag stayed a month BUT THE TATTOO is still in all of them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)