AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Mandatory" EID tags. Why the hullabaloo?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 5/11/2024 09:12 (#10736657 - in reply to #10736599)
Subject: RE: "Mandatory" EID tags. Why the hullabaloo?

David - 5/11/2024 07:30

I get what you are saying.

Why must it be mandated and not just allow capitalism to work? If it is so important, individuals will figure that out themselves. Why the need for a mandate and law?

It's the same law we have been under for quite some time, if I recall 2013'. The only rule that has changed is from metal clip to RFID tag. Yes, some tried to push all classes of animals have the tags, however no way was the going to work. Yet NCBA used it as a propaganda tool to tell you they helped remove some the classes of animals. Then R-Calf is using as propaganda to go after NCBA to get your dollars. It's a way for to validate the collection and use of your dollars.

Wouldn't it be great if could truly let capitalism and honor and ethics rule our industry. Not going to happen, we have to make rules for the bible thumping, flag waving patriot constitutionalists that are the cooks in our industry. The one individual I mentioned in my previous post on this thread is one of those people. Great church goer religion pushing, civic minded, running public office businessman. Yet he didn't have any problems breaking the existing laws to benefit his pocketbook.

In the course of saving a few dollars for himself. He wrecked quite a few cows herds for cattlemen, almost put them out of business.
Fined heavily by the state, yet I don't the effected producers got any of that money they have to file civil action against him.

I would love to see people honest in their business dealings, but not going to happen only with a few. The more religion they got the worse they are in my opinion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)