AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Man from Arizona who travels by wagon pulled by mules?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FarmerTom4440
Posted 5/14/2024 10:55 (#10739596)
Subject: Man from Arizona who travels by wagon pulled by mules?

Met a man who travels in a covered wagon a while back. First saw his wagons turning off a rural section of highway while I was on a parts run one afternoon. Think there was a smaller wagon hitched up behind the first and a cart hitched behind the second.. His dogs ride in a smaller wagon, I believe. The thought was that maybe he would still be around on the return trip back to the ranch and maybe stop and chat if he was pulled over somewhere. Nope. Happened to spot him further west later that evening as he was checking out a grassy spot along the same highway to camp overnight. He sets up a portable electric fence around the mobile camp each night.

I was interested in his story and figured a short hello and conversation wouldn't be a bother. Unfortunately the timing wasn't the best and he mentioned that he was anticipating trouble from the small town he had just passed through. Thankfully nobody bothered him or his animals. When it became apparent that I meant him no harm, he began to relax some. One of the mules had an injury on a leg and we focused on that a bit. In order to not delay him setting up camp, I said goodbye and drove away.

All I remember is that he travels from Arizona and shares the Gospel with those who will listen. Only saw him around the area that one time.

Does this vague description of the man and mule drawn wagons sound familiar to anyone? Traveling solo like that in a wagon would appear to be lonely.
No idea if he travels like this every year or not.

By the way, he was not in Arizona when we met.

EDIT: Found a link to his story here: https://www.heraldandnews.com/news/local_news/man-riding-mule-drawn-...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqndHxYOzJ0

Edited by FarmerTom4440 5/14/2024 11:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)