AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cholesterol Med.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Hedge tree
Posted 5/15/2024 09:21 (#10740567 - in reply to #10740294)
Subject: RE: Cholesterol Med.

Central Kansas
I have always found the prevalence of statin side effects to be interesting, as for the most part, they do not reflect what many studies conclude. I have taken 1/2 the prescribed dose every other day for 20 years with a sustained cholesterol level between 100-120….with no side effects. Lipitor. I was initially prescribed a statin to reduce inflammation in blood vessels. Here is an interesting report from the Mayo Clinic:

The real risk of developing muscle pain as a result of taking statins is about 5% or less compared with taking a pill that doesn't contain medicine, called a placebo. However, studies have found that nearly 30% of people stopped taking the pills because of muscle aches even when they were taking a placebo.

A strong predictor of if you'll experience muscle aches when taking statins could be whether or not you read about the potential side effect.

From info I have gathered from this site, statin-induced muscle pain is in the same arena as EV driving distance, lack of EV towing capability, lab-made meat, hate on solar and wind energy and how much meat a real man should consume and how big pharma and physicians are out to get your money and offer ineffective, unproven and expensive solutions to medical problems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)