AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Latest email from Tesla
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 5/16/2024 14:54 (#10741910 - in reply to #10741550)
Subject: RE: Latest email from Tesla

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

Well, so far this is a strict and cruel task master. Had to make a 50 mile trip to Circle, MT this morning. I used FSD for most of the trip. Had to disengage once because I got behind a slow moving pickup and I didn't know if the car was aware of the fact that MT law allows 10 MPH over while passing on a 2-lane highway. I met a couple slow and wide farm outfits and disengaged there too. It also messed up on a left turn at a stop sign. It was going to proceed but I was uncomfortable with the decision so I hit the brake. Anyways, I made the clinic and checked the screen, where the system reported that I had no infractions. Coming back home wasn't as good. I quickly glanced at a paper my wife was holding while I was driving and the system pitched a fit, told me to slightly turn the wheel to verify I was still there. Another place, it caught me glancing at the remains of a wrecked bee hauling semi and it gave me the same warning and then took away my privileges for the rest of the trip. That's not so bad but I also lost my cruise control function and as I've said before, driving an EV with no cruise control is miserable because you have no cues as to how fast or slow you are going. No road noise or engine vibrations leaves one pretty much clueless. Going too fast isn't much of a problem because I have the car set to sound a chime when I'm going 8 MPH over. Nothing to tell you that you are 8 under though. Miserable!!
The adventure continues . . .

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)