AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Service truck robbed while in field,,,jeez
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FarmerTom4440
Posted 5/16/2024 18:00 (#10742027 - in reply to #10741994)
Subject: RE: Service truck robbed while in field,,,jeez

Not all that long ago I was servicing one of the Duallies on a Saturday morning. Previously, I had never had the feeling of being watched in a rural area. But it was very strong that morning while I had a hood raised. Tried to downplay it and tell myself it was nothing. The feeling of being watched continued enough that I did turn my head and scan the hills and pastures within view as well as the tree lines. Didn't see anything or anyone. Within a short time later,, a man on an enduro type motorcycle passes by on the gravel county road. He could see me and so I waved at him and he waved back.

That creepy feeling of someone watching for the wrong reasons still lingered. A barn needed some repairs down the road so myself and another guy drove down there to get a materials list completed before we headed to a town. I was through servicing the pickups. We aren't quite sure when the pickup thieves came on scene, but all we knew was that two pickups were gone. With all the work needed to be done on the barn, nobody noticed that the pickups were stolen until the next day. I was pretty hot about it all. It leaves a person with strange emotions. After that it felt like nothing was safe from being stolen .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)