AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cholesterol Med.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 5/17/2024 21:05 (#10743325 - in reply to #10740864)
Subject: RE: Cholesterol Med.

Thumb of Michigan
Indrtfmr - 5/15/2024 15:49

Sorry to tell you but I started taking them and never read the paper with them and later on couldn't stand the pain in my legs and went yo the doctor and he told me I must have a reaction to statins. Why do you assume that it was in my head? If you had the pain I did you wouldn't be so sure about it.

Same for me.

My FIL is in relatively very good shape for his age. Was given a statin script as a preventative measure form reasons not clearly explained. He had no idea why his health suffered so negatively 3 or 4 weeks after taking them. My Wife had access to his records (from him), suggested he stop statins first before looking for another cause. A week later, he was back to normal. And he claimed he had no prior knowledge of some people having trouble with statins.

I realize most people might very well have no issues at all taking statins. Its wrong to lump everyone into a group that are supposedly just making it up.

I can't eat peanuts. I used to love eating peanuts. I'm one of the few people who have an allergic reaction to them however. I'm sure not going to get on a stump telling everyone they should stop eating peanuts. Anyone telling me my allergic reaction is in my head is off a long ways from reality as well.

Edited by pat-michigan 5/18/2024 06:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)