AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

32% Shallow With No Stabilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

clicker
Posted 6/14/2024 13:43 (#10774480 - in reply to #10774139)
Subject: RE: 32% Shallow With No Stabilizer

Southern IA
dmswil - 6/14/2024 07:28

So long story short let the coop side dress a notill field of heavy black gumbo. Had down 110 actual of NH3 and came back with another 80 in the form of 32%. Used to do my own but when switching to a bigger planter 6 years ago didn’t want to spend the money on a new rig to match the planter. So had the kid in the tractor call me before he started and we discussed for almost 10 minutes that he needs to set the rig deeper. Wanted it knifed in 3-4 inches which is about all the deeper these rigs go. Well he went an inch. Kicker is he did this field for me a few years back and did the same thing. Last time
Caught a surprise half inch 12 hours later and made me feel better but not this time. Didn’t use stabilizer since there is plenty of moisture in the ground. What are your thoughts on how much I will loose? No rain in the 2 week forecast. I can y drop some more later if need be. They will never side dress for me again. Guess it’s time to buy another rig. No third chances

maybe he set it to run 3" deep and the 14 mph he wanted to run wouldn't let the rig stay in at the depth he set it at. It's possible he had it set for what you wanted.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)