AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybeans/ wet soils/ treflan / and seed treatments.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

J.L.
Posted 6/24/2024 16:20 (#10786009)
Subject: Soybeans/ wet soils/ treflan / and seed treatments.

Iowa
Central Iowa / Des moines lobe / clarion nicollet and webster soils.

Conventional till soybeans following corn. Fall tillage and one pass in the spring incorporating 1.6 pts. of Treflan. Cultivator running 3-4 inches deep. Planting untreated beans 1- 1.5 inches deep the last of April to mid May most years.

The last 3 years it seems like We've had to go in and replant the low areas of the field more than I would like. These areas have tile in them and we go right threw them no problem tilling and planting but they are always the low heavy ground with thin stands/ slow emergence and these are not ponds or standing water areas.

I would guess it's 5-10 percent of total acres. Not huge but it's still a pain/ looks kind of ugly/ and is a pain in the fall if you have to come back and get these spots.

I feel it's a combination of the treflan/ wet conditions/ and possibly untreated seed. So- would treatment help with this and if so what would you recommend?

Hard to get excited about spending the money for 5-10 percent problem areas but may go on a field by field basis to start.

If so- I'd be interested in treating them myself if it makes sense financially and I can get the smaller amounts of product I'd need. So any insight on that would be appreciated. 450-500 units a year. Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)