AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 3650 Bulk Fill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sweetcorn70
Posted 1/5/2009 12:18 (#558352 - in reply to #558248)
Subject: RE: Kinze 3650 Bulk Fill

I run a 3650 12/24 planting beans in the spring. I like it a lot better than the 750 Drill it replaced. We pull it with a 7240 CaseIH and it handles it very well. I like the transmission on the end of the planter, it is very easy to change populations. When it first arrived, we had a problem with the chain the runs the front rank, the idlers wore out within 200 acres. Very frustrating until we figured out that some locks on the front hex shaft were never installed when new. After repairing that it is pretty good shape. We did have some weeping of Hydraulic oil from the seals on both end cylinders, and one has a pinhole in the weld that seeps, We sent them in and they couldn't duplicate. We put them back on and they are still doing it. The hydraulic hoses could be routed a little better, and make sure you know what to do if a seed sensor goes bad. We didn't and now we are going to have to figure out how to fix that next spring. I love how easy it is to fill, just like a drill. Low Hydraulic requirements. The only things I would add are fill lights, a toolbox, and a stone box. I really wish I could talk the boss into Tru-Count clutches to split it into 4 sections instead of 2 and use a GPS unit to run them. Other than that I love it.

Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)