AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Working RTK Base Station for less than $1,000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 5/4/2024 12:49 (#10728472)
Subject: Working RTK Base Station for less than $1,000

Central Nebraska

I've posted some questions on here recently about building an RTK base station for my fleet of mixed model auto steer systems and thought I'd give an update.  I currently have it working on two systems.  One is an AFS Connect Magnum with the built in cellular modem and the other is an old FMX that has been receiving corrections via RTX.

Here is what I'm using.  I have an unused Trimble AG25 on a mount at my shop.  This antenna is just above my south eave and has a full view of the sky.  It is connected to a Sparkfun ZED-F9P GPS Receiver board that is connected to a $100 Lenovo mini PC I bought of Amazon.  The PC is running Windows 10 Pro.  This PC is running RTKLIB and capturing a serial/comm port feed from the F9P.  From there the STRSVR (NTRIP Server) portion of RTKLIB is streaming to RTK2GO so I don't have to host my own NTRIP caster.  For the AFS Connect Magnum I simply had to create an RTK2GO profile in the NTRIP setup.  For the FMX I purchased an NTRIP Master board from Ardusimple.com along with a RS232 carrier board.  I also made a custom serial cable to go to port D of the FMX.  I used AgRemote on the FMX to configure Port D for RTCM corrections and also had to change the radio to use channel 250.

So far my testing has only been in my yard but I've maintained RTK Fixed for the entire time it has been powered on.  I'll post more as I learn more.  I also plan on configuring a Pro 700/372 and a TMX-2050.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)